Thursday, 5 December 2013

GATHERING ACTORS

 There was a discussion about who would be the main actor. Me and Darren were both prepared to be the main actor (who would do all of the lip syncing). In the end, we decided that it would be more efficient if Darren played the main role. This is because Darren is more familiar with The Courteeners song and this is the first time I have actually heard the song. This would make it difficult for me to lip syncing not knowing the words. Another reason behind this choice is that Darren suites the role more, he has more indie clothing and is much more confident in front of a camera, his girlfriend also plays his girlfriend in the music video so it makes much more sense. Before we started properly filming the music video, we had some test footage with the two of us lip syncing the song and we came to the decision that Darren did it better.

Although I wasn't the main actor, I was willing to be a member of the band. I decided to play the drums because initially there was only going to be the two of us in the band. Darren would play the guitar whilst singing. I have a bit of experience with playing drums so I felt that this was the best role for me. I have acted in numerous things other people and am not afraid to be in front of a camera.




As me and Darren were about to film, I managed to spot John pondering around college by himself. This was when I proceeded to ask him if he would like to take part in our music video which he agreed to do. The only thing he could do was play the guitar (although he couldn't actually play). I told him to try his best and make sure to move your fingers, and he actually pulled it off. I though John was the right choice of actors because he isn't shy and is beaming with confidence (as you can tell from his photo).

No comments:

Post a Comment